Music's muses of martial arts

This section is for everybody and it is for all types of music and musical experiences. Please feel free to share.

Have not really listened to music in a while. Just had a relaxing morning in my bed with the head phones on while I was half asleep and half awake. Let the Whole WU-TANG FOREVER​:open_hands:track ride, disc :zap: and disc :zap::zap:.

2 Likes

Big fan of old school hip hop. This was a record store haul a few years ago. Also have an original press of Enter the 36 Chambers and Wu-Tang Killa Bees.

2 Likes

Gone a while lately in my life without taking time to mix reading, writing, and listening to music. Before sunrise on Saturday I started the weekend festivities with “Touch of Gray”-Dead. Then I went into Method man, TI, 2 Skinny J’s, Hendrix, 2 Pac, Crucial Conflict, Ice Cube, Disturbed “Sound of Silence”,

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=antonio+vivaldi+stabat+mater&&view=detail&mid=4A910596B75F39A5DCD94A910596B75F39A5DCD9&&FORM=VRDGAR

After WU-TANG FOREVER I did 36 chambers up to “Bring the Rutkus”, then I fell asleep for an hour and restarted with https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=echoes+pink+floyd&&view=detail&mid=A05FC5F0214FBA24ACD7A05FC5F0214FBA24ACD7&&FORM=VRDGAR.

Probably going to kick off this evening with some Lost Boyz, Out Kast, and Nas. And some time this evening I’m sure we will squeeze in some more Floyd accompanied by the Doors.

https://binged.it/2R9TtVt

1 Like

Echoes is literally my favorite song of all-time, period. The Pompeii version is my favorite.

2 Likes

Pink Floyd got me through some major Road Trips between 2015- 2018 and I’ll listen to them sometimes when I’m out in the wilderness. I’m trying to pull up my old YouTube account from 2017-2018. Had a premium subscription and put 60+ Hip-hop songs on there and labeled it the Rapture😜. Forgot all my passwords and have yet to pull it . Bumped the Rapture in Nov 2017 when I was hiking through the forest for 14 days straight near Lake Norman N.C.
It’s amazing how receptive the brain gets, the things it can comprehend and learn when you isolate artificial light and noise from the equation.

2 Likes

This is my vinyl collection. Mostly old school hip hop, some jazz and classic rock.

2 Likes

Spent a few minutes checking it out, impressive.

1 Like

When did you start collecting, origin story?

Collecting in general, as a kid, collecting vinyl, about 2008 or so. First one I just liked the album cover (Dark Side of the Moon). Then it kind of clicked when I learned about all the different versions of albums and their values, been collecting them ever since.

2 Likes

Treasures are in those things😇 Peoples eyes can be so deceiving, All we have to do is LISTEN.
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON was my birth. It got me through the beginning safe and sound when your eye begins to open for the first time and veils are crashing left and right. Let’s you know how fragile and how strong the human brain is. DARK SIDE OF THE MOON helped me take baby steps and kept my brain from overload “Baby Steps”.

1 Like

What is or what are some of your favorite Wu-Tang tracks?

M.E.T.H.O.D. Man, Bronx War Stories, Bells of War, Triumph, Uzi. How about you?

1 Like

Bring the Pain, Bells of War, Cash still rules/ scary hour,Visionz, Triumph

1 Like

Just got done Listening to one of my favorites, Outkast ATliens. First time I let the whole thing ride since college. What you know about them Kast, You got any go to songs?

2 Likes

Pretty much their whole catalog except Idlewild man. Spottieottiedopalicious is my jam.

1 Like

Best concert I ever went to was OutKast in the early 2000’s at the 3 rivers feastival. 3000 came out with no shirt and rocking a Ghostbusters proton pack.
Growing up and in college OutKast was my go to. You can let all the records ride. Love some Goodie Mob (Cell therapy, Dirty South, They don’t Dance no mo).

As of late and in the now T.I./Tip is The Field General. He embraces being perfectly flawed. He is a strong leader, he wise enough and humble enough to respect and LISTEN to the elders and the one’s who came before him. T.I. Has a huge heart and cares, he is not scared of change or changing because in the end he still will keep it real with the TRUTH.

2 Likes

Tried to go register at Discogs. Forgot my facebook and Google passwords, have not been on in years. If I had a cell phone I would start a new Google account, but I don’t and they will not allow me to apply for an email account without a cell phone.

Different note…
Played Darkside of the moon while I did core strength and stretching today. First time in over 2 years I’ve listened to Darkside of the moon. Real good music to listen to for that type of work out.

1 Like

Just did 5 solo battles, first time I’ve finished a set of solo battles in months. Only reason I did them today was, I was chillen with the head phones on listening to NAS illmatic album.

As I was focused mostly on the music, I ran fb dive
over and over with chew clock and defense fg block mid blitz. Instead of rewarding me 1,000 coins at the end of each game it rewarded me 50,000, 31,000, and I think 17,000. The other 2 games I got 1,000.
Thank you EA, thank you Nas, and thank you WU TANG(listened to a few Wu Tang songs before I listed to the Illmatic Album). Made 100k doing solo battles today.

1 Like

Would you believe I have never actually listened to Illmatic? I have It Was Written on vinyl, because it was engrained into me when I was in high school, but I’ve never really gotten into Nas otherwise.

One cool thing is, being a hip hop fan pre-internet everything, there are so many groups, rappers, and albums I never got to experience. Been jamming to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night the last couple of weeks, it just never hit my radar before.

1 Like

You have opened my eye to the vinyls and how important they are. Those things contain the original recording, and original recordings are treasures(can’t trust the internet to play the originals). I’m going to start collecting hopefully sometime this year, God Willing. Books, art, and music all contain a wealth of knowledge and hidden treasures :moyai:

1 Like