4WR beta test thread

This is a VERY early test thread to see what works and what doesnt here.
I have a LOT of other playbooks to add and itll be in order.
Main goal is to figure out how to link in here lol!!!
Edit, Ok looks like ill have to do a new post for each book in order to create a table of contents with links

West Coast

• Singleback spread (strong slots)

• Gun Trey open offset (4 WR)

• Gun Spread Dbl Flex (strong slots, manual sub TE to WR)

• Gun Tight Slots (strong slots, manual sub TE to WR)

Seahawks

• Gun Trey Y Flex (TE Wideout manual sub TE to WR)

• Gun Y Slot (strong slot manual sub TE to WR)

• Gun Tight Slots (strong slots, manual sub TE to WR)

Run and shoot

All of em lol. A couple have a TE you can sub out.
Has singleback, Pistol and gun only as primary formations plus goal line and hail Mary of course.
So far this is the ONLY formation I found with a true 5WR set, freaking awesome! Gun 5WR trips, nasty NASTY!!!

Ravens

Pistol spread (stock 4WR)

• Gun Spread Y Flex (strong slots, manual sub TE to WR)

This book would be the best in the game for balance and 4 WR play BUT you can’t sub out the TE in gun trips and a couple of other great formations. However it’s real easy to just motion one reciever to the other side for a great trips formation.

Pass Balanced

has a few, not gonna list them lol. Not the best book because it’s pretty much all shotgun (30 something gun formations). Takes way too long to cycle through them in game. Not worth it imo.

Saints

So freaking glitchy I almost didn’t want to write these (see below)!!!

• Gun Tight Offset Tight (several sub setups to swap out TE.)

• Gun Trey Y Flex (I use TE Wideout then sub him out. This puts my Megatron outside by himself and is deadly!)

• Gun Taysom Hill Slot (a few different sub setups available. Sub out the TE for a 4WR spread formation.

• Gun Taysom Hill QB. Here’s the absolutely glitchy formation if you have a fast quarterback like Vick plus another decent passer. Sub in your passer at QB (I used free Murray). Then change sub package to Taysom Hill HB, this puts your speed quarterback like Vick at HB! Keep that setup OR even better now change the sub package to Taysom Hill TE ha ha, 96 speed Vick at TE is EPIC y’all! You can even do him at WR. Now the fun part with this is once your setup here call any play from that formation and you can Audible to a TON of different formations with Vick at TE like singleback doubles! It seriously is too much fun and I’ve yet to see anyone doing this yet. Eagles theme teams gonna eat this up when UL Cunningham or a high up Wentz drops!!!

Right now I’m using Danny Dimes as primary QB with RP Murray subbed in. It’s super fun in solos at least as you can easily switch Murray from TE to hb plus having HR master I get Murray running crazy routes. Best part is the cpu can’t play against Murray for squat! I don’t advise you to do Murray online though, he sucks at route running

6 Likes

Ravens

Pistol spread (stock 4WR)

• Gun Spread Y Flex (strong slots, manual sub TE to WR)

This book would be the best in the game for balance and 4 WR play BUT you can’t sub out the TE in gun trips and a couple of other great formations. However it’s real easy to just motion one reciever to the other side for a great trips formation.

4 Likes

Thanks for your contribution to the community!

2 Likes

Another glitchy sub package I used a lot was cb slot from the RNS playbook. If you have Deion it’s a must run. The wheel post combo that book give you shreds c3

1 Like

NICE man Ill have to keep my eye out for ones like that!!!

1 Like

RNS is a great pure 4wr book. You can sub in TE to slot and motion in for extra blocking.

One challenge for me, having never played organized football or QB, is knowing how different routes affect different coverages, so that you can combo them to get guys open. It’s easy to look at a D and think, well this route should be open, but next level is oh if I curl this guy and drag that guy, this crossing route will be wide open. Something I’m working on recently. I’ve never been a prolific passer, I’ve always been run-first, but I need better play variety for top tier opponents.

2 Likes

I’ll do a write up for you. This madden is pretty damn good in terms of what beats what mechanics. I played my entire childhood through hs and had ambitions to play professionally until I got in a wreck. I played d end/lb edge rusher but understanding zone coverage has always been thing.

I’ll take some screenshots in game pre snap and break down what you’ll see vs what’s gonna happen and what will beat it. No zone coverage is perfect. There will always be an exploitable hole if you know where it is

2 Likes

Thanks man. I played college basketball, so if you ever need 2K strategy hmu :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

Amazing thread :thread:

4 Likes

Thanks!
This is nothing actually, it’s more me testing how code works on this site. My actual playbook thread is going to be unfreaking believable!!! What’s posted above is mainly old notes what I’m doing now is much more in-depth and detailed. It’s very time consuming as I’ve only written up to the Browns atm lol. I’ll probably begin the new thread today sometime.

3 Likes

I use Saints playbook. I’d be interested in knowing some of your go to plays and how do you get time in the pocket. I mostly run and pass the ball out of singleback wingstack. I use the HB stretch and TE spot a lot. I want to be able to utilize the glitchy passing formations, but I get sacked or intercepted everytime.

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE the Saints book!!!
I use a field general archetype quarterback thus giving me all those extra hot routes on all reciever options. I also put protected on my qb which gives me that extra time to pass. My big tip is 99% of the time I’m pass blocking my halfback as he can’t catch so I’ll never throw to him! Also if your o line is struggling, put play fake on em, makes a huge difference in pass protection.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’m going to try making that chemistry swap. I have all 95+ lineman and someone always shoots through on defense.

1 Like